Saturday, December 23, 2006

Thinking about what Schuyler said

This was posted on AlwaysLearning tonight, and it struck me so hard, I feel it is me who is leading a miserable life. I do write about crap. Diana Jenner wrote a great line in her blog that sums up my blog "I wanna have a hissy and quit -- and I know that's not the message I want to send". Though I am nearly certain this has nothing to do with me, I feel exposed.

The first paragraph is written by an unknown mom, Schuyler [whose writings I admire] responded:

Wow. See, this is why i never open my mouth! I generally stay away
from mainstream parenting sites, so i forget how typical parents
feel about their kids. Its just really shocking though when i'm
reminded.

I was thinking about this the other day as I followed my unschooling circuit
of blogs. I don't like to read about miserable lives. I don't like to read
about parents and children suffering the "inevitable" suffering that is just
a "fact of life" according to so many sources. I think that the more and
more my life is filled to overflowing with joy and happiness the thought of
reading of someone else's self-inflicted pain and suffering makes me wince.
I am not as thick-skinned as I used to be. I find it so very hard to
tolerated the day-to-day bullying that is so much of mainstream parenting.

Schuyler
www.waynforth.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home