Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gub

I love my kids they are so funny and creative. Many times I need lots of time and retrospective thinking to "see" them clearly. My vision definitely improves over time.

When Shea was a baby in 1995/96 he was allergic and super unhappy. I was having a hard time with everything, really. I forgot who I was. Ironically it was one of the early steps toward unschooling. I had to be really tuned in and focus on positives rather than cruise on auto pilot. Shea loved words/ meanings and was an early talker. Some favorites were "red", "truck", "up", "out", "good" and "boy". Basic. Meaningful. We connected.

Speed up 3 years, Kaden was born in 1998, and Shea liked to talk to him saying "good good good" and "good boy", among other things. Kaden is active, less talk, often he made sounds like "gub" which was very funny to Shea. "Gub" was actually more than a sound, it meant "good boy", it took some time to figure out, but soon we all began using "gub" as a word.


When Riley came in 2001, we discovered he is quite literal. In time he found out this was a made-up word, he says "I am not a gub, I am a boy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home