Monday, September 04, 2006

Introducing the Family: About Jules


Hi I am Jules. I'm the mom of 3 homeschooled boys, ages 5, 8 and 10 years old. Specifically we are unschoolers, but since most people are unaware of the difference, I start with the larger category of Homeschool and go from there. It's been a long time since I enrolled my kids in a progressive preschool, volunteered more hours than a 40hr/wk job and felt desperate about Kindergarten! That lifestyle drained the fun out of me.

I stayed home with my kids partly by default. I imagined someday interesting work would lure me to get a "real" job, but nothing was more attention-grabbing than my own children [that's the short version.] I have a paying job once per week [it's up and down, and the jobs vary a lot from baker/ caterer, preschool teacher, pediatric office support] but I like to have personal cash in pocket, so I sell my services LOL.

It's a challenge to make it on one income, our city is expensive and materialistic, but I think conspicuous consumption is the global standard [for now]. I remind myself how very very extremely lucky I am to be conscious of my financial, work and education choices, and more importantly to act on them. I feel much happier and focused now, I like our family and each person in it!

Mostly this blog will be about my kids and their interests, I have another blog about knitting and other topics.

~Jules.

1 Comments:

Blogger KingJames13 said...

I am currently being homeschooled. In my opinion, it is time that parents started teaching their children properly, because the government isn't doing it very well.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home